One of the most famous chapters in the Bible is a psalm of David called the 23rd Psalm. Originally written in Hebrew, it has now been translated into many other languages. In English, we love the King James translation from 1611, because it is in old English which is poetic and beautiful. Many Christians have memorized the 23rd Psalm.
Psalm 23 ~ A Psalm of David
When asked, “Please add some beautiful illustrations to Psalm 23,” CHATGPTAI generated these four pictures in less than 10 seconds.
- Which verses in Psalm 23 do you think these four pictures describe?
- What is your favorite verse in Psalm 23?
- What does this verse mean to you today?
- What do you know about sheep? Some facts about sheep.
- When Jesus said, “I am the good shepherd. The good shepherd lays down his life for the sheep” (John 10:11), what was He saying?
|The Lord takes care of me as his sheep; I will not be without any good thing.
|He makes a resting-place for me in the green fields: he is my guide by the quiet waters.
|He gives new life to my soul: he is my guide in the ways of righteousness because of his name.
|Yes, though I go through the valley of deep shade, I will have no fear of evil; for you are with me, your rod and your support are my comfort.
|You make ready a table for me in front of my haters: you put oil on my head; my cup is overflowing.
|Truly, blessing and mercy will be with me all the days of my life; and I will live in the house of the Lord forever.
|（ 大 卫 的 诗 。 ） 耶 和 华 是 我 的 牧 者 。 我 必 不 至 缺 乏 。
|他 使 我 躺 卧 在 青 草 地 上 ， 领 我 在 可 安 歇 的 水 边 。
|他 使 我 的 灵 魂 苏 醒 ， 为 自 己 的 名 引 导 我 走 义 路 。
|我 虽 然 行 过 死 荫 的 幽 谷 ， 也 不 怕 遭 害 。 因 为 你 与 我 同 在 。 你 的 杖 ， 你 的 竿 ， 都 安 慰 我 。
|在 我 敌 人 面 前 ， 你 为 我 摆 设 筵 席 。 你 用 油 膏 了 我 的 头 ， 使 我 的 福 杯 满 溢 。
|我 一 生 一 世 必 有 恩 惠 慈 爱 随 着 我 。 我 且 要 住 在 耶 和 华 的 殿 中 ， 直 到 永 远 。
- Psalms – a sacred Christian/Jewish song or hymn in Christian worship; a book of the Bible (If you open to the middle of the Bible, it usually opens to this book.)
- shepherd – one who protects and cares for sheep
- sufficiency – to have enough
A Psalm of Praise
Make a joyful noise to the LORD, all lands.
Serve the LORD with gladness: come before his presence with singing.
Know that the LORD is God: it is he that made us, and not we ourselves; we are his people, and the sheep of his pasture.
Enter into his gates with thanksgiving, and into his courts with praise: be thankful to him, and bless his name.
For the LORD is good; his mercy is everlasting; and his truth endures to all generations.