READ CHAPTER 4
The Lion, the Witch and the Wardrobe
Highlight in yellow (or any color you like) words in the book that you do not understand. Look up the word and write its meaning in the margin of your book. Here are some words that are possibly new to you.
Listen to Chapter 4 being read to you in English: https://www.ximalaya.com/waiyu/3963574
First page of Chapter 4
Once there were four children whose names were Peter, Susan, Edmund and Lucy. This story is a”But what ARE you?” said the Queen again. “Are you a great overgrown dwarf that has cut off its beard?”
“No, your Majesty,” said Edmund, “I never had a beard. I’m a boy.”
“A boy!” said she. “Do you mean you are a Son of Adam?”
Edmund stood still, saying nothing. He was too confused by this time to understand what the question meant.
Last paragraph in Chapter 4
“Come on then,” said Lucy, “let’s find the others. What a lot we shall have to tell them! And what wonderful adventures we shall have now that we’re all in it together.”
DISCUSS with your Tutor
- How did the Queen react when she was told Edmund came from the World of Men?
- What did Edmund taste that made him feel quite warm and very comfortable?
- What was the Queen most interested in?
- How did Edmund feel “when he had first got onto the sledge”?
- Before you read the story, can you guess the reason the Queen insisted Edmund bring the other children to her?
- What did Edmund say to Lucy when he met her in Narnia?
- How did Lucy describe the Queen?
SHARE with your Tutor
What is your favorite treat?