READ CHAPTER 3
The Lion, the Witch and the Wardrobe
Highlight in yellow (or any color you like) words in the book that you do not understand. Look up the word and write its meaning in the margin of your book. Here are some words that are possibly new to you.
“Make it Pax”
Listen to Chapter 3 being read to you in English: https://www.ximalaya.com/waiyu/3963574
READ ALOUD to your tutor
First page of Chapter 3
Lucy ran out of the empty room into the passage and found the other three.
“It’s all right,” she repeated, “I’ve come back.”
“What on earth are you talking about, Lucy?” asked Susan.
“Why,” said Lucy in amazement, “haven’t you all been wondering where I was?”
“So you’ve been hiding, have you?” said Peter. “Poor old Lu, hiding and nobody noticed! You’ll have to hide longer than that if you want people to start looking for you.”
Last paragraph in Chapter 3
“Please, your Majesty,” said Edmund, “I don’t know what you mean. I’m at school – at least I was – it’s the holiday now.”
DISCUSS with your Tutor
- How did Lucy describe Narnia to her brothers and sister?
- Why did Peter the story of the wardrobe was a “jolly good hoax”?
- What spiteful thing did Edmund do to Lucy after she told him about Narnia?
- Why did Lucy want to take one more look inside the wardrobe?
- Why did Edmund go inside the wardrobe?
- Describe what Edmund saw when he entered Narnia.
SHARE with your Tutor
Think of someone you could encourage this week.