Message: Mark 6:1-6a Jesus Returns to Nazareth
- After the miraculous raising from the dead of Jairus’ daughter, where did Jesus go ~ ? (verse 1)
- Even though the people were amazed at Jesus’ teaching in the synagogue, what was their reaction to him? (verse 3)
- How did Jesus explain this reaction toward him? (verse 4)
- When we judge Jesus, who is really being judged?
- What did Jesus find amazing about these people? (verse 6)
Meaning: What does Jesus find amazing about you? Your great faith or your lack of faith? In what areas or circumstances of life do you need to express your faith to God? Pray God will show this to you.
Message: Mark 6:6b-13 Jesus Sends His Disciples on a Mission
- In spite of the lack of faith in Jesus’ own hometown, what opportunity did Jesus give his disciples to show their faith? (verse 7)
- What did Jesus give them? (verse 7)
- What message did the apostles preach? What does this word mean? (verse 12)
Meaning: Think of the authorities in your life and the authority you have been given over others. What authority in your life do you recognize as the greatest of all?
Message: Mark 6:30-44 Jesus Multiplies Food to Feed 5,000
In five separate places Mark records that Jesus took his disciples aside to some quiet place to escape the crush of the crowds: Mark 3:7-9, 6:31, 6:45, 7:24, 9:30
- Read this story in Mark 6:30-44, Matthew 14:13-21, Luke 9:10-17 and John 6:1-15. By combining these accounts, tell it in your own words.
- How could this miracle strengthen the way the disciples saw Jesus? (John 6:14)
- What made Jesus slip away from the crowd by himself? (John 6:15)
Meaning: How does this miracle strengthen the way you see Jesus? What in your life can you give to Jesus to bless and multiply?
Message: Mark 6:45-52 Jesus Walks on Water
- Read this story in Mark 6:45-52, Matthew 14:22-33 and John 6:16-21 and tell it in your own words.
- What does this miracle tell us about Jesus’ power and authority?
- What were Jesus’ words to the disciples? (Mark 6:50)
- How did the disciples respond to this miracle? (Mark 6:51, Matthew 14:33)
Meaning: In Mark 4:35-41, Jesus calmed the storm. Again in Mark 6, Jesus again calmed the storm. In the storms of life, how can Jesus’ words in Mark 6:50 encourage you?
Message: Mark 6:53-56 Jesus Heals Many People
- How did Jesus’ popularity spread?
- What do the words “to let the sick touch at least the fringe of his robe” in verse 56, remind you of?
Meaning: While the people loved Jesus for his power for physical healing, what greater healing can Jesus provide? See Matthew 9:1-7