While we all have many differences, here are some of the things we have in common. Fill in the blanks:
- We all need ____________________________ to live.
- Our bodies contain 50-75% _______________.
- We all have a day, month and year called our _______________.
- We all have a unique ___________________.
- We all have red blood _____________.
- We all love ______________.
- We all need ______________ and we desire ______________.
HINTS: birthday | cells | oxygen | respect | water | dumplings | love | fingerprint
Bible Reading: Genesis 2:15-17 and Genesis 3:6-7, Romans 3:23, Luke 5:31-32
Another thing we all share is a common problem called sin. Sin is not only when someone commits a crime. Sin can also be an immoral action or it can be when we choose to do what is selfish, hurtful, mean – or just plain wrong. Our sins can be motivated by greed or anger, but the root of all sin is pride or “I want it my way” attitude. We are born with this nature and it begins to manifest itself when we are very young. You do not have to teach a child to be rebellious or to disobey or to lie. It comes naturally.
- Name what you think are immoral actions. How do you know that they are immoral?
- What does the Bible say about sin?
For all have sinned and fall short of the glory of God. Romans 3:23
- What can happen when you don’t take sin seriously ~ like anger or lust or telling a lie?
- Have you ever envied someone who made a better grade or score on a test, has a nicer car, house or better job than you have? What immoral actions can this lead to?
Good verse to remember:
Jesus said to them, “It is not the healthy who need a doctor, but the sick. I have not come to call the righteous, but sinners to repentance.” Luke 5:31-32
unique – one of a kind, unlike anything else
immoral – to do what is wrong or against a standard of conduct
manifest – to display or show
rebellious – to resist control or authority
envy – an emotion which occurs when a person lacks another’s superior quality, achievement or possession and either desires it or wishes the other lacked it (positive word in Chinese 羡慕 xiàn mù means to admire / negative word in Chinese 嫉妒 jí dù is definitely sin)
righteous – to have a right relationship with God; to be free from guilt or punishment for sin
repentance – to confess or admit we have sinned against God and man in specific ways, to sincerely regret our sins and to ask God to forgive us
To learn more:
Read Jesus Lived a Sinless Life